A malfunctioning florescent light sparked a fire early today inside a detached garage on Tacoma’s East Side.
Tacoma firefighters were called to the fire in the 4500 block of East E Street just after midnight, the department reported on its blog.
Crews found heavy smoke and flames coming from the 720-square foot, detached garage. Firefighters prevented the fire from spreading to adjacent buildings.
No injuries were reported.
Investigators determined that “electrical arching from a malfunctioning florescent light” ignited the blaze. It caused about $105,000 in damage to the building and its contents.