Tacoma firefighters doused flames at an East Side home early this morning.
The fire was first reported just after 1:50 a.m. at a home in the 1000 block of East 62nd Street, Tacoma fire spokesman Joe Meinecke said.
All five occupants of the home had escaped by the time fire crews arrived.
Firefighters found smoke and flames coming from the back of the house and attacked the fire.
The fire appears to have started in a back bedroom. An overheated extension cord sparked the blaze, which caused $25,000 damage to the house and its contents.
No injuries were reported.