Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Overheated wiring causes fire at Tacoma home

Post by Stacia Glenn / The News Tribune on Feb. 27, 2011 at 10:40 am with 2 Comments »
February 27, 2011 10:47 am
Courtesy of Tacoma Fire Department

Overheated wiring sparked a fire at a Tacoma home this morning, the Fire Department said.

Firefighters responded about 4:05 a.m. to a single-story 840-square-foot bungalow in the 4900 block of North Visscher Street and found a fully involved blaze.

Crews attacked the flames with hose line, ventilated the structure and rescued the family’s dog.

No one was injured.

Damages are estimated at $80,000.

Leave a comment Comments → 2
  1. nonstopjoe says:

    Wonder if portable space heaters might have played a role in overheated wiring?

  2. Probably old knob and tube wiring and no smoke alarm. They got lucky, unlucky this time.

We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0