Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Overheated wiring causes fire at Tacoma home

Post by Stacia Glenn / The News Tribune on Feb. 27, 2011 at 10:40 am |
February 27, 2011 10:47 am
Courtesy of Tacoma Fire Department

Overheated wiring sparked a fire at a Tacoma home this morning, the Fire Department said.

Firefighters responded about 4:05 a.m. to a single-story 840-square-foot bungalow in the 4900 block of North Visscher Street and found a fully involved blaze.

Crews attacked the flames with hose line, ventilated the structure and rescued the family’s dog.

No one was injured.

Damages are estimated at $80,000.

The News Tribune now uses Facebook commenting on selected blogs. See editor's column for more details. Commenters are expected to abide by terms of service for Facebook as well as commenting rules for Report violators to