Three people were displaced due to a fire in their apartment fire in Kent this morning.
One adult and two children, who were not injured, are being cared for by family memebrs and the American Red Cross. Hot oil left unattended on a stove started the fire, according to the Kent Fire Department.
Firefighters from the Kent Fire Department and South King Fire and Rescue were able to limit damage to the one apartment in the building. Smoke damage was spread throughout the apartment.
One upstairs apartment unit had a light haze of smoke which dissipated over time.
An audible fire alarm alerted the residents in the building.