Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Flames damage kitchen area of Auburn house

Post by Stacey Mulick / The News Tribune on Nov. 4, 2010 at 1:41 pm |
November 4, 2010 1:41 pm

Investigators were looking into what sparked a fire that heavily damaged the kitchen area of an Auburn home this morning.

A passerby spotted smoke coming from the windows of a two-story home in the 500 block of 17th Court Southeast and called 911 shortly after 10:35 a.m., the Valley Regional Fire Authority reported.

Firefighters found heavy smoke coming from the house. Two men had escaped and firefighters found a woman asleep in an upstairs bedroom, the agency reported. The residents declined medical attention.

Crews doused the flames and used fans to blow the smoke from the house.

*
The News Tribune now uses Facebook commenting on selected blogs. See editor's column for more details. Commenters are expected to abide by terms of service for Facebook as well as commenting rules for thenewstribune.com. Report violators to webmaster@thenewstribune.com.