Here’s what you need to know about how Vice President Joe Biden’s visit today to the University of Washington Tacoma.
This information was originally published Thursday on The News Tribune’s Biz Buzz blog.
• Tacoma Link service will be shut down from 6:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
• All streets around the UWT campus will be closed, no through traffic or parking, from 6 a.m. until 2 p.m.:
– Pacific Avenue between South 21st and South 17th streets
– South 21st between Pacific Avenue and Market Street, closed intermittently
– South 17th Street between Pacific and Market Street
– Jefferson Street between Pacific and Market
– Likely Market Street between South 17th and South 21st streets
• Buses in the area will be rerouted.
• Pedestrian traffic is allowed, but the event, while free, requires an RSVP. Law enforcement encourages people who aren’t RSVP-ed to the event to stay away.
• More than 100 law enforcement officers will be in the area, from Secret Service, Tacoma Police, the Pierce County Sheriff’s office and other outside agencies.
Everything is subject to change if the Secret Service decides change is needed.
Information reported by News Tribune staff writer Kathleen Cooper