Tacoma firefighters have responded to Jennie Reed Elementary School for a report of a foul odor.
A citizen reported the smell of natural gas in the playground area this morning, Tacoma fire spokesman Joe Meinecke said.
A Tacoma fire crew has been dispatched to the school. They’ll use air monitoring equipment to determine is something is amiss.
The foul odor was not reported in the school building. So far, the school has not been evacuated, Meinecke said.
UPDATE at 10:40 a.m.: There is a minor gas leak outside the school building, Meinecke said. The gas company is on site and making the appropriate repairs.
There was no evacuations and no reported illness. Tacoma fire crews have left the school.