Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

WHAT WAS THAT: Construction crew causes gas leak in Lakewood

Post by Stacey Mulick / The News Tribune on Aug. 23, 2010 at 2:30 pm |
August 23, 2010 2:30 pm

A reader called into the newsroom this morning about a natural gas leak in Lakewood.

Here’s what happened, according to the Lakewood Fire Department:

Just after 11:00 am today we were called to a gas leak at the 12100 block of Pacific Hwy SW.  The leak was caused by some construction workers operating heavy equipment in the area.  Firefighters contacted Puget Sound Energy to shut of the gas in the area.  Pacific Hwy was temporarily closed in the area until PSE arrived to shut of the gas.  The roads were opened soon after the gas was shut off and traffic was moving through the area again.

The News Tribune now uses Facebook commenting on selected blogs. See editor's column for more details. Commenters are expected to abide by terms of service for Facebook as well as commenting rules for Report violators to