A reader called into the newsroom this morning about a natural gas leak in Lakewood.
Here’s what happened, according to the Lakewood Fire Department:
Just after 11:00 am today we were called to a gas leak at the 12100 block of Pacific Hwy SW. The leak was caused by some construction workers operating heavy equipment in the area. Firefighters contacted Puget Sound Energy to shut of the gas in the area. Pacific Hwy was temporarily closed in the area until PSE arrived to shut of the gas. The roads were opened soon after the gas was shut off and traffic was moving through the area again.