Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

WHAT WAS THAT: Construction crew causes gas leak in Lakewood

Post by Stacey Mulick / The News Tribune on Aug. 23, 2010 at 2:30 pm with 1 Comment »
August 23, 2010 2:30 pm

A reader called into the newsroom this morning about a natural gas leak in Lakewood.

Here’s what happened, according to the Lakewood Fire Department:

Just after 11:00 am today we were called to a gas leak at the 12100 block of Pacific Hwy SW.  The leak was caused by some construction workers operating heavy equipment in the area.  Firefighters contacted Puget Sound Energy to shut of the gas in the area.  Pacific Hwy was temporarily closed in the area until PSE arrived to shut of the gas.  The roads were opened soon after the gas was shut off and traffic was moving through the area again.

Leave a comment Comments → 1
  1. Bettina21 says:

    LOL! I have to say that the title of the story sounds a little startling and funny. How often do you hear of a construction crew making mistakes at all? And what one earth were they doing construction on over there in the first place?

*
We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0