Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Mattress fire in Stadium apartment complex

Post by Joyce Chen on June 30, 2010 at 9:43 pm with No Comments »
June 30, 2010 9:43 pm

Firefighters put out a small fire at a Stadium District apartment complex Wednesday night.

Crews responded around 7 p.m. to 1 N. Broadway and found a mattress on fire in the entryway of the building, according to Tacoma fire spokesman Joe Meinecke.

The occupants were evacuated, and no one was injured. There was minimal damage to the building.

It is unknown why the mattress was in the entryway.

Categories:
Fire, Tacoma
Leave a comment Comments
*
We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0