Several neighborhoods in Tacoma will be hosting cleanup parties Saturday to encourage residents to dump their junk.
The neighborhoods sponsoring the cleanups are:
* Jennie Reed and Lincoln West (Interstate 5 to South Thompson Avenue between I-5 and South 38th Street).
* Whitman (South 38th Street to South43rd Street between South Sheridan and Yakima avenues).
* Whitman, Mann, Stewart, Spring Hill and Four Star (South 43rd to South 56th streets between South Sheridan Avenue and the railroad tracks west of East McKinley Avenue).
* Alling Park, Park Avenue and Stewart Heights (South 56th to South 64th streets between South Alaska Street and East Mckinley Avenue).
The cleanup is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. Homeowners and renters are asked to remove their junk and beautify their property as part of the event, according to a City of Tacoma press release.
Volunteers and city employees will accept discarded items for free at:
* Fawcett Elementary School, 162 E. 60th St.
* Jennie Reed Elementary School, 1802 S. 36th St.
* Mann Elementary School, 1002 S. 52nd St.
Residents interesting in dropping off their junk must bring proof of residency (a driver’s license or current utility bill would do), the city reported.
The following items will not be taken at the dump locations: material from a business; cars, motorcycles, campers or boat parts; truck canopies, trailers, boats or recreational vehicles; daily household garbage; hazardous waste; riding mowers; and animal carcasses.