Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Flames destroy Auburn garage

Post by Stacey Mulick / The News Tribune on May 7, 2010 at 5:45 am with No Comments »
May 7, 2010 5:45 am

South King County firefighters doused flames that engulfed a detached garage in Auburn early today.

Crews from the Valley Regional Fire Authority responded to a home in the 100 block of E Street Southeast just after 2:10 a.m. They found the garage “fully involved,” a press release states.

The flames were spreading to the home and a vehicle. In addition, electrical wires were arching and explosions were heard in the garage, the press release states.

The occupants of the house got out safely. They told firefighters housed six chickens in the garage.

Firefighters got the flames out in the garage, which was a total loss. About $20,000 damage was done to the house and vehicle, the press release states.

No injuries were reported.

Leave a comment Comments
*
We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0