Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Female suspect in Edgewood robbery pleads not guilty, held on $2 million bail

Post by Joyce Chen on May 5, 2010 at 3:17 pm |
May 5, 2010 3:17 pm

The 21-year-old female suspect in last week’s deadly home invasion in Edgewood pleaded not guilty to murder and robbery charges Wednesday afternoon.

Amanda Knight was charged in Pierce County Court with first-degree murder, two counts of first-degree robbery and two counts of second-degree assault in connection with the April 28 death of 43-year-old James Sanders. She has been held in lieu of $2 million bail.

James Sanders’ widow Charlene felt chills when she saw Knight in court. “I remember that face when I was zip-tied on the floor, looking up at her,” Charlene Sanders told reporters after the hearing.

Standing next to his sister-in-law, Derek Sanders said that the four suspects were equally culpable in his brother’s death. “They all had weapons,” he said. “They were prepped to do whatever happened that night.”

Charlene Sanders implored the alleged robbers to turn to Christ to atone. “My advice to them, give your life to Christ so you don’t burn in Hell.”

*
The News Tribune now uses Facebook commenting on selected blogs. See editor's column for more details. Commenters are expected to abide by terms of service for Facebook as well as commenting rules for thenewstribune.com. Report violators to webmaster@thenewstribune.com.