A woman suffered minor burns on her wrist this morning while trying to extinguish the flames inside a home on Puyallup’s South Hill.
Central Pierce Fire & Rescue crews were called to the home in the 4100 block of 20th Street Place Southeast just before 10 a.m. They found a fire in the bedroom and put the flames out within 15 minutes, a press release stated.
The woman told crews a smoke alarm alerted her to the fire. She called 911 and tried to put out the flames.
She was treated and released at the scene, Central Pierce reported.
No one else was injured.
Fire crews determined a faulty television set caused the blaze.