Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Man robs Lakewood bank branch

Post by Stacey Mulick / The News Tribune on Nov. 2, 2009 at 3:28 pm with 9 Comments »
November 2, 2009 6:06 pm
The bank robber. Photo courtesy of Lakewood Police.
The bank robber. Photo courtesy of Lakewood Police.

Lakewood police are searching for a man who robbed a Key Bank branch this morning.

The man entered the bank at 8017 Steilacoom Blvd. just after 10:30 a.m. He handed the teller a note that demanded money and implied he had a weapon, police Lt. Heidi Hoffman said.

The robber left on foot with an undisclosed amount of money. He’s described as white, in his 30s and 6 feet 1. He had long, dirty blonde hair and wore a dark shirt, blue jeans and a baseball cap, Hoffman said.

Officers and a police dog searched the area but did not find the robber.

Courtesy of Lakewood police
Courtesy of Lakewood police
  1. GoingRogue says:

are you sure it wasn’t a mullet?

2. A mullet? “Business in the front, party in the back?” Hopefully he won’t be partying for long.

He otherwise looks like a polite robber…waiting patiently in line w/ hands on hips.

3. interWOLFone says:

This is interesting. Late this afternoon, I took a deposit to this branch, and the tellers were discussing robberies. I hadn’t heard about this robbery yet, and wondered why they were discussing bank robberies.

Even weirder…I had considered making the deposit earlier this morning, but I got tied up in my office.

Weirder still…the day the armored car guard was murdered at the Lakewood Walmart, my wife and I had been considering heading over to pick up some new jeans. We would have been there right about at the same time he was murdered by those animals.

And to top it off…when that whack-job shot up the Tacoma Mall a few years back, we had planned to do a spot of shopping, but changed our minds at the last minute.

4. rubbershoelace says:

i wonder if this robbery has anything to do with key banks policy of not stopping bank robbers…

5. MasterAtArms says:

Oh the mullet.. Business in the front, party in the back!

6. gwennygill says:

With robberies now occurring on a daily basis you think banks might have better cameras to give a clearer picture of those who rob them.

7. kilarney says:

WHAT???? BANKS ROB PEOPLE EVERY DAY!!!!!!

8. Touchytouchy says:

c’mon give us washingtonians a break! in 20 more years we’ll actually have the bullet proof glass up like in other states. sheesh!

9. interWOLFone says:

I agree, gwennygill…I’ve often had the same thought. Not too long ago, most banks posted signs at the entry instructing patrons to remove dark sunglasses, and hats, and/or hoods.

I’m not seeing those signs anymore in the two banks I have accounts in, but I automatically remove my sunglasses, and my hat anyway.