Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Officers looking for wanted man near Tacoma dump

Post by Stacey Mulick / The News Tribune on Oct. 30, 2009 at 1:56 pm with 9 Comments »
October 30, 2009 1:56 pm

Lakewood and Tacoma police officers are looking for a man wanted by the U.S. Marshal’s Office this afternoon.

Lakewood police officers were pursuing the man through their city and into Tacoma. The man ditched his vehicle near the dump on Orchard Street and fled, Lakewood Assistant Police Chief Mike Zaro said.

Officers are searching for him now.

Zaro said the man has a DOC escape warrant and is wanted by the U.S. Marshal’s Office.

1. jake_aiken says:

I live in an apartment complex right down the street from the dump, and when I was out walking my dog I noticed a ton of cops all over the place. There were even some parked right outside my apartment building. I was totally freaked, looking around at what those cops were there for. I was prepared to get attacked by some criminal or something. So right when I got in I logged on and found this story, then went and immediately locked my front door lol.

2. pinecone says:

Do the police give any detailed description of the wanted man?

3. livy1013 says:

A Landfill worker has had his car stolen, so this guy must of taken it and is hoepfully out of the area. car taken was an older style Saturn SC1 tan/gold in color

4. angileyz says:

Have they announced what his crimes are?

5. lizzifer says:

This has got to be one of the more incomplete stories I’ve ever read! No name of the wanted man, no description, no detail of the crimes he is wanted for. Seems like this is just filler or something! Come on TNT, a little more news in the news please.

6. bob_hutson1 says:

I thought we called them landfills now

7. interWOLFone says:

I suppose it’s too much to hope for that we could see a name, a description, or possibly a picture of this escaped convict.

8. SounderSince74 says:

lizzifier: It said he was wanted on a DOC escape warrant. DOC is Department of Corrections and escape warrant should be self explainatory.

I agree a photo or description would be good. I am surprised there have been no follow up stories to this. Is he still on the run or has he been caught? I can understand not having detailed information right at the moment but it has been over 48 hours now – where are the details?