Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Building collapse causes gas leak

Post by Mike Archbold on Aug. 29, 2009 at 9:06 pm |
August 29, 2009 9:06 pm

News release from Valley Regional Fire Authority.

At 7:53 a.m. Valley Regional Fire Authority responded to a reported building collapse and gas leak at 530 West Main St. in Auburn. First arriving units found a residence that had partially collapsed. The collapse of the structure caused a rupture of a gas line that supplied the residence. Firefighters isolated and evacuated the immediate area until Puget Sound Energy arrived. Puget Sound Energy personnel stopped the gas leak and secured power to the residence. The residence was under reconstruction and unoccupied at the time of the collapse. There were no injuries.

what was that
The News Tribune now uses Facebook commenting on selected blogs. See editor's column for more details. Commenters are expected to abide by terms of service for Facebook as well as commenting rules for Report violators to