News release from Valley Regional Fire Authority.
At 7:53 a.m. Valley Regional Fire Authority responded to a reported building collapse and gas leak at 530 West Main St. in Auburn. First arriving units found a residence that had partially collapsed. The collapse of the structure caused a rupture of a gas line that supplied the residence. Firefighters isolated and evacuated the immediate area until Puget Sound Energy arrived. Puget Sound Energy personnel stopped the gas leak and secured power to the residence. The residence was under reconstruction and unoccupied at the time of the collapse. There were no injuries.