Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Elderly couple escapes mobile home fire

Post by Brian Everstine on March 2, 2009 at 5:29 pm with No Comments »
March 2, 2009 5:29 pm

An elderly couple was able to escape a mobile home fire on Puyallup’s South Hill this afternoon.

Central Pierce Fire & Rescue crews responded to County Dale Mobile Home Park, in the 12200 block of 112nd Street East, and found heavy smoke coming out of a double-wide mobile home. The residents of the home were able to make it out :thanks in part to their smoke alarm and a quick-thinking care giver who had stopped to check up on them,” Central Pierce Fire & Rescue said in a news release.

There were no injuries and the home, which sustained about $50,000 in damage, was insured. Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire.

The fire started when an overheated electrical appliance was placed in a bathroom cabinet, where it smoldered for several hours and eventually caught fire.

Map data ©2010 Google – Terms of Use

Leave a comment Comments
We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0