Twelve neighborhood groups will take to the streets Friday in what is being billed as the biggest and most collaborative demonstration against crime in Tacoma.
The purpose of the demonstration is to send a message to criminals to get out and to enhance the people’s awareness of crime in their neighborhoods and the community, Safe Streets reported.
The participating Safe Streets groups are:
* South Yakima Citizens Neighborhood Group and Fern Hill Neighborhood Watch Group.
* Larchmont Safe Streets Neighborhood Group and Upper Pacific Avenue
* Wapato Group and Stewart Heights Neighborhood Watch Group
* Park Avenue Neighborhood Group
* Pacific Avenue Business District
* Lincoln LAWGs
* Lincoln South Neighbors
* Lincoln West Neighborhood
* Mann Neighborhood Group
Each group will meet at their designated site at 5:30 p.m. to paint signs. They’ll march from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Safe Streets will be providing all the materials.