Spanaway, WA. Central Pierce Fire & Rescue responded to a fire at Krickett’s Restaurant located at 14800 of Pacific Avenue shortly after 7 a.m. this morning. Firefighters arrived to find a grease fire had extended up the hood and into the duct system above the kitchen. The fire was contained to the kitchen area and the rest of the building sustained moderate smoke damage.
Two employees and a few customers were in the building at the time of the fire. The employees attempted to use a fire extinguisher and when unsuccessful, called 911 and evacuated the building. There were no injuries and the loss to the structure was listed as $15,000.
Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune
NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.
With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.