The University of Washington Tacoma Milgard School of Business has announced the winners of its 12th annual Business Leadership Awards.
Along with the annual recognitions, the school has added a new category for 2013 – the Distinguished Alumnus Award. Some years, when appropriate, the school has offered a Lifetime Achievement Award. Such is the case this year.
• Business Leader of the Year: Richard Brandsma, president and CEO of Sound Credit Union.
• Small Business Leader of the Year: Janine Terrano, president and CEO of Topia Technology.
• Nonprofit Business Leader of the Year: Joseph Wilczek, CEO of Franciscan Health System.
• Distinguished Alumnus Award: Michael Slevin III (UWT MBA 2004), director of the City of Tacoma environmental services department.
• Lifetime Achievement Award: Brian Sonntag, recently retired Washington State Auditor.
The awards will be presented at a dinner on April 30 at the Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center. For more information or to register for the event, visit tacoma.uw.edu/milgard-school-business/business-leadership-awards-1.