Hunters have until Friday to enter the state Department of Fish and Wildlife’s special big-game hunt raffles for this fall.
Raffle hunts are available for black-tailed deer, mule deer, white-tailed deer, westside elk, eastside elk, California bighorn sheep, moose and mountain goat.
New this year are five multi-species raffle hunts, in which hunters can harvest multiple animals. The multi-species hunts are:
- A three-deer raffle hunt that allows hunters to harvest a black-tailed deer, a mule deer, and a white-tailed deer.
- A northeast Washington big-game raffle hunt that allows hunters to harvest three of six species, choosing from white-tailed deer, bull elk, moose, cougar, black bear, and turkey.
- A south-central Washington big-game raffle hunt that allows hunters to harvest a bull elk, buck deer, and California bighorn sheep.
- A southeast Washington big-game raffle hunt that allows hunters to harvest four of five species, choosing from white-tailed deer, mule deer, bull elk, cougar and black bear.
- A north-central Washington big-game raffle hunt that allows hunters to harvest three of five species, choosing from white-tailed deer, mule deer, California bighorn sheep, cougar and black bear.
Tickets can be purchased online by clicking here, by calling 1-866-246-9453 or at retail license vendors statewide.
Here is the rest of the news release:
One winner will be selected for each hunt. Winning raffle tickets will be selected randomly by computer during the last week of July, and winners will be notified by mid-August.
Raffle tickets for deer, elk, moose and mountain goats are $5.90 each, while a California bighorn sheep ticket costs $11.90. Raffle tickets for multi-species hunts are $16.70 for hunts where three species may be harvested, and $22.10 for hunts in which four species may be harvested.
The winners of each raffle will be allowed to hunt between Sept. 1 and Dec. 31, except hunts for black bear, cougar and turkey. For information on those and other hunt-season dates and hunt areas see pages 78-79 of WDFW’s 2010 Big Game Hunting Seasons & Rules pamphlet. The pamphlet may be viewed online here.