I’m in my tent right now listening to the rain patter on the fly. Memorial Day weekend is over and I camped three days without spending a nickel.
Where is that possible, you might ask.
A place my kids like to call “Dad is Cheap Campground.”
It’s a perfect place – although I’m not inviting you guys over. Just suggesting camping in your own backyard might be fun and cheap. No driving means no gas.
Some other perks:
– It’s a full utility campground (Including newspaper delivery).
– The kids can still see mom at breakfast each morning even though she didn’t come on the camping trip.
– We get to camp on a school night.
– The campground toilet doesn’t stink.
– Wireless Internet access.
– And I don’t have to pack the car or listen to the kids fight in the back seat during the drive to the campground.
My kids are 7 and 9 so they were just happy being outside. We even roasted marshmallows in the fire pit.
Can’t tell where you are once you are in the tent anyway. Except, I guess, for the sound of the neighbors warming up their cars.