In today’s Soundlife section we caught up with Jordan Hanssen, a UPS grad who is currently pedaling across Australia. This guy – along with his ocean rowing buddies – is truly one of the most impressive gentlemen I’ve met in my four years covering Puget Sound adventure sports.
Hanssen and three friends became the first Americans to row across the North Atlantic in 2006. Next he plans to row from New York to Nome with fellow UPS grad Greg Spooner.
Here are some links for following Hanssen’s adventures.
- Hanssen’s blog is loaded with good stories and good writing. He’s managed to update it every day during his ride across Australia. Jordan’s blog
- Check out Hanssen’s photos from across Australia. Hanssen pics
- Look back at the historic row across the North Atlantic by Jordan, Greg Spooner, Dylan LeValley and Brad Vickers. Oarnorthwest.com
- Check out Spooner and Hanssen’s plans to row across Canada from New York to Nome. NY to Nome
– Read The News Tribune’s story An Atlantic Odyssey about the 2006 record setting row.